Magical abilities and skills
In order to be eligible for the job title of Wandkeeper, the person in question must have an expertise in the following:
- Charms, such as the Mending Charm, weather-related charms, the Freezing Charm and the Herbivicus spell; as well as the Levitation Charm, the Aguamenti Charm, the Wand-Lighting Charm, the Descendo spell and the Summoning Charm.
- Divination: Must be able to forsee costumers arriving in the shop.
- Nonverbal magic: Must be able to produce nonverbal spells smoothly, such as the Herbivicus spell and the Freezing Charm.
- And of course, Wandlore: Must be knowledgeable in the complex science of wandlore.
Notes and references
- ↑ A callsheet for auditions for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Japan (transcription here) lists the wandkeeper at Ollivanders as being portrayed as between his mid-40s and 60s.
- ↑ He refers to a custumer's tattoos as "Odd Muggle... stuff" and when a young girl refers to "the film" he says "I have no idea what you're talking about". He also refers to a thumbs-up as "Muggle for 'yes'". As such, it is unlikely he grew up among Muggles.
- ↑ "Theme park may turn people on to the books" (page 3 of 5) at HoumaToday.com
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 "Ollivanders Wand Shop June 2nd" on Youtube.
- ↑ "Ollivanders Wand Shop in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" on Youtube.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 "Wand Fitting at Ollivander's" on Youtube.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "Choosing a Wand at Ollivander's" on Youtube.
- ↑ "Ollivanders wand shop *third day*:: Universal Studios Harry Potter" on Youtube.