|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Working hard is important, but there is something that matters more, believing in yourself."
- —Harry speaking whilst he helps her[src]
This Hufflepuff girl attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was Sorted into Hufflepuff House. She was also a member of Dumbledore's Army in 1995 and has a twin sister who was Sorted into Gryffindor.
In 1994, Hogwarts held the Triwizard Tournament. She supported Cedric Diggory in the Tournament and wore a 'Potter Stinks' badge from Draco Malfoy. She attended Defence Against the Dark Arts classes with students from the other houses this year and was taught by Professor Alastor Moody, who demonstrated the three Unforgivable Curses in front of the class. At the end of the year, Cedric Diggory, a fellow Hufflepuff, was murdered by Lord Voldemort and Hogwarts held a Memorial Feast to Cedric Diggory.
In 1995, her fifth year, Dolores Umbridge was appointed as Hogwarts High Inquisitor and Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, so that the Ministry of Magic could keep watch on Albus Dumbledore after he and Harry Potter claimed that Lord Voldemort had returned. Umbridge refused to teach students any form of practical defence, and, given the circumstances, Hermione Granger felt that the student body needed a teacher who would, so then an alliance called Dumbledore's Army was formed. The Hufflepuff girl joined the D.A. and practised at several meetings, learning spells such as Expelliarmus and the Patronus Charm. During one lesson, Harry was giving a speech and whilst doing so he was checking on students. He checked on this student and raised her arm to give her better aim, and after doing so she managed to perform a nonverbal version of Stupefy, to which she looked pleased and slightly embarrassed for Harry touching her. This is quite advanced as other students were finding it difficult to perform disarming spells verbally.
Battle of Hogwarts
She participated in the battle of Hogwarts along with her twin sister. It is not known whether or not she survived.
Behind the scenes
- She is portrayed by actress Siobhan Ellen Williams in the films Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This actress also plays a Gryffindor student in the same film.
- As she is a notable character in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix she may be either Luca Carruse or Alice Tolipan (two named students on the Dumbledore's Army parchment that don't appear in the books).
- She may also be Megan Jones.
- In the DS version of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, she is referred to as "Hufflepuff Prefect". This is not canon, as Hannah Abbott was the female prefect for Hufflepuff in Harry Potter's year.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 ( DS version) (As "Hufflepuff Prefect")
Notes and references
- ↑ For her appearance in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire she appears in the same teaching lessons as Harry Potter, and she must be his age, so she was sorted in 1991 just like he was and then was born in either 1979 or 1980.
- ↑ Siobhan Ellen Williams is the actress who plays this character in both the films Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but she also plays another character who is a Gryffindor student in Order of the Phoenix. Since both her Hufflepuff and Gryffindor characters appear in the same film, it should be assumed that they are twin sisters as both are played by the same actress yet contradict with their houses in the SAME film. Just like Padma and Parvati are identical twin sisters but in different houses, they are too. It is probably a costume/casting error, but since it has been noted it should be explained.
- ↑ She is amongst the laughing students wearing the 'Potter Stinks' badges in one scene of the film version of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter | Hermione Granger | Ronald Weasley
Harry Potter (Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley were co-leaders) | Neville Longbottom | Luna Lovegood | Ginny Weasley
Katie Bell | Lavender Brown | Colin Creevey | Dennis Creevey | Seamus Finnigan | Angelina Johnson | Lee Jordan | Parvati Patil | Alicia Spinnet | Dean Thomas | Fred Weasley | George Weasley
Terry Boot | Cho Chang | Michael Corner | Marietta Edgecombe | Anthony Goldstein | Padma Patil
Hannah Abbott | Susan Bones | Justin Finch-Fletchley | Ernie Macmillan | Zacharias Smith