|"He wasn't in Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century, or Notable Magical Names of Our Time [...]"
The subject of this article does not meet our notability standards. Although it is based on canonical/valid information, it was suggested it does not merit its own article and, as such, is to be either deleted or merged with similar articles.
If you disagree with either of these actions, please explain why at Category talk:Non-notable articles or improve the page and remove this tag.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
This Female Student was sorted into Gryffindor House in the 1990s and befriended Parvati Patil, Cho Chang and a Gryffindor boy. In 1995, she joined Dumbledore's Army and practiced defensive magic while Dolores Umbridge refused to teach practical Defence Against the Dark Arts. While she walked to the Room of Requirement with her friends, she had her wand raised, ready for Slytherins, but was actually being followed by Mr. Argus Filch and Mrs. Norris.
Sometime in the 1980s or early 1990s, she came to be educated at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was Sorted into Gryffindor House. Her Head of House was Minerva McGonagall, the Transfiguration Professor. She also befriended Cho Chang and Parvati Patil.
In 1995, Dolores Umbridge became the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher and refused to teach practical classes. In order to counter her, Dumbledore's Army was formed. She joined the group along with many other Gryffindors and was seen walking to the meetings with her wand raised. Unbeknownst to her, she was being followed by Argus Filch and Mrs. Norris, who were trying to discover what the group was up to.
One of the meetings that she attended was when Nigel Wolpert practiced Stupefy on Harry Potter, and later Hermione Granger on Ron Weasley. When Hermione threw Ron across the room, she was one of the students who laughed at him. She later fussed over, and laughed with, Hermione along with the other girls. She attended another meeting at Christmas, when Neville finally managed to perform the Disarming Charm, and she immediately stopped practicing and rushed to congratulate him. When Harry Potter decided that there would be no more meetings until after Christmas, she joined in the sighing and said something sadly to Padma Patil. However, she still joined in the clapping after Harry's speech on how well everyone had done.
While the Army practiced the Patronus Charm, Dolores Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad broke into the Room of Requirement and took everyone, including the Gryffindor girl, out of the room. Albus Dumbledore was later suspended and she watched as an Educational Decree declared Dolores Umbridge the new Head of Hogwarts.
Behind the scenes
- It is more than possible that this Gryffindor student is either Luca Carruse or Alice Tolipan, the two unidentified girls who signed the D.A. member list.
- The girl is played by Marianne Chase in the film series.
- She may also be Sally-Anne Perks, a student whose House was never specified, although she was sorted in 1991.
- A few more possible identities are Fay Dunbar, Malone, L. Moon, Rivers, S. Roper, Smith, or Runcorn.
- It could also be a version of Lavender Brown, as the character's name appears on the parchment, and is not credited in the film.
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, when Filch rushes into the Great Hall, by Fleur Delacour stands a girl who looks like this student.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2