Unfogging the Future is a book on the subject of divination, written by the celebrated Seer Cassandra Vablatsky and published by Rumiharts Books From at least 1993 onward, this book was a required textbook for students taking Divination Classes at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. A copy of this book costs two galleons at the Flourish and Blotts Bookshop in Diagon Alley.
Tea leaf symbols
- An acorn represents a "windfall, unexpected gold".
- The club represents "an attack"
- A cross would mean "trials and suffering"
- The falcon is symbolic of "a deadly enemy"
- A five-leaf clover would be representative of "a horrible rash tomorrow morning, dear" 
- The Grim, a large dog, is a sure sign of "death"
- A skull represents "danger in your path"
- The sun is symbolic of "great happiness"
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Notes and references
|Professors: Sybill Trelawney · Firenze|
|Known Seers: Calchas · Cassandra Vablatsky · Cassandra Trelawney · Inigo Imago · Mopsus · Professor Mopsus · Unidentified female Seer · Unidentified male Seer|
|Textbooks: The Dream Oracle · Unfogging the Future|
|Methods: Astrology · Cartomancy · Catoptromancy · Crystal-gazing · Crystal ball · Dream interpretation · Fire-omens · Heptomology · Ichthyomancy · Palmistry · Ornithomancy · Tarot cards · Tessomancy|
|Divination at Hogwarts: Divination (class) · Divination Classroom · Divination staircase · Sybill Trelawney's office · Classroom 11|