From 1997-1998, Harry Potter was marked Undesirable No. 1, ostensibly for involvement in the murder of Albus Dumbledore. This made him the most sought-after wizard by the government. The reward for the capture of him and his wand reached 200,000 Galleons in April of 1998.
While Harry was noted as the most wanted Undesirable of that year, there were others, mainly those who were sympathisers of muggles (blood traitors), or are members of the Order of the Phoenix. Any muggle-borns who refuse to register at the Muggle-Born Registration Commission or speaks the name "Voldemort" after the taboo have been placed on it become Undesirables as well, and would be hunted down.
In a broadcast of Potterwatch, Fred and George Weasley quipped "Well, that wouldn't be us then, would it? I mean, we've both had loads of girlfriends," and warned those that they truly considered to be Undesirable, such as Dolores Umbridge and Draco Malfoy, "Your time, will come."
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book (Mentioned on a poster included as an extra)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7