Ug the Unreliable was an infamous goblin con artist, who became notable for organising the Demiguise Derby and then made off with the profits. For orchestrating this famous fraud, he was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card.
At some point in his life he peddled Leprechaun gold, which led to him being tracked down, and then imprisoned by wizards. His imprisonment provoked one of the Goblin Rebellions of the seventeenth or eighteenth centuries.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- ↑ Third Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Test from J. K. Rowling's Official Site.
- ↑ This piece of information comes from the third W.O.M.B.A.T. featured in J. K. Rowling's Official Site. Question 2 (Part One - Magical History) is "Which of the following did NOT provoke one of the bloody goblin rebellions of the 17th and 18th centuries? Choose ONE", and one of the possible answers is "The pursuit and imprisonment of Ug the Unreliable, who had been peddling Leprechaun gold". As one of the other answers is known for certain to be false ("The imprisonment of the notoriously violent Hodrod the Horny-Handed, who had attempted to kill three wizards " — the Daily Prophet Newsletters reveal that Hodrod the Horny-Handed was indeed imprisoned for attempting to kill three wizards, but this happened in 1999, during the Chipping Clodbury riot), then all of the other answers must be true, including the one about Ug the Unreliable.