Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Dragon Blood can be used as an ingredient in potion brewing."
Dragon blood seems to have a notable taste, as Dumbledore was able to distinguish it from human blood by placing a small amount in his mouth in 1996. He was, however, the foremost expert on the substance, and the distinction may not have been notable to anyone else.
- In 1995, Rubeus Hagrid used a bloody dragon steak to help with his injuries after being attacked by giants.
- The very next year, Horace Slughorn used dragon blood to try to fool Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter, pretending to have been attacked by Death Eaters.
- Three of the listed uses are as an oven cleaner, spot remover and a cure for verruca.
Behind the scenes
- In the Order of the Phoenix book and film, dragon blood appears to be green, but then in the Half-Blood Prince book and film, as well as Pottermore, dragon blood appears to be scarlet. However this could simply be explained by the blood having come from different breeds of dragon.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) Template:First Appearence
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) Template:Appearence
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game