- "Trophy Room. No smudging."
- —Plaque outside the Trophy Room.[src]
The Trophy Room is a room on the third floor of the Hogwarts Castle. Awards, trophies, cups, plates, shields, statues, and medals are kept in crystal glass displays in this room. This room also contains a list of Head Boys and Head Girls. Prominently displayed are Hogwarts Awards for Services to the School, with known recipients being Tom Marvolo Riddle, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. The Trophy Room is connected to an Armour Gallery. A portrait of Brutus Scrimgeour hangs on one of the walls, hiding a passageway to the Fourth Floor Corridor. 
In 1991, Harry and Ron agreed to have a wizard's duel with Draco Malfoy and Vincent Crabbe in the Trophy Room. However, the latter pair never showed up. This meant Harry and Ron, as well as Hermione (who joined to make sure that if they were caught, they would tell the truth) and Neville Longbottom (who forgot the password to the Gryffindor Tower), nearly being caught by Argus Filch. That in turn led to the discovery of Fluffy and the trapdoor.
In 1992, Ron was given detention by Professor McGonagall, his sentence being to clean the trophies in the room with Filch without using magic, for crashing the Flying Ford Anglia into the Whomping Willow. Ron had a slug-vomiting attack from an earlier backfired charm, and got Tom Riddle 's trophy all covered with slug and slime, resulting in him having to clean it repeatedly. It was from this incident that Ron learned about Riddle, and later told it to Harry and Hermione, thus providing the link to Riddle's diary. Despite this useful incident, Ron still highly resented this detention.
Behind the scenes
- In the films, the Trophy Room is depicted as a large room, with the shelves covered with cups and trophies and the walls covered with plates, shields and medals. Some of the cups move and float and some produce red sparks and smoke from time to time. With a large iron gate at the entrance, this room has a large fireplace. This room is connected to the Great Hall, and appears to be beneath it (which directly contradicts the literary canon). Some walls are covered with glass.
- In the video games, Angelina Johnson was trapped in the Trophy Room ahead of the first meeting of the Dumbledore's Army. It was trashed by the Inquisitorial Squad in an attempt to frame her and have the Gryffindor Quidditch Team pulled out of practice, however, Harry, Ron, and Hermione came to her rescue and managed to free her and clean the room before any authority arrived
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC and GBA version only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only) (Deleted Scene)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (GBC version only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (Entrance only) (Seen in Main Menu)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Entrance only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game) (Entrance only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (NDS and IPhone versions only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) - GBA version