Stomach of a cow or ox
Tripe is the stomach of a cow or ox, it is eaten as a dish. Tripe is also used to mean nonsense as well as the food.
Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans
Behind the scenes
- Tripe is J. K. Rowling's least favourite food.
- "Tripe" seems also to be the surname of a wizarding Pure-blood family, since a Magenta Tripe was known to marry Licorus Black sometime in the 19th century.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban