Neville lost Trevor many times. For example, the first time he came to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts Express, Neville lost Trevor but was soon helped by Hermione Granger who met Harry Potter and Ron Weasley during her search.
In Neville's third year, Trevor was part of the Frog Choir when they performed Something Wicked This Way Comes on 1 September. Later on the school year, Professor Snape made him test his Shrinking Solution on the toad, with the warning that if made incorrectly, it would likely be poisonous. After Trevor drank the potion he successfully transformed into a tadpole, much to the Gryffindor's delight; however, Professor Snape was displeased and deducted five points from Gryffindor because Hermione had helped Neville create the potion.
When Harry encountered Neville in the last carriage of the Hogwarts Express in their fifth year, Neville had a one-handed grip on a struggling Trevor. Later, Neville dumped the toad into Harry's lap, so that he could demonstrate the defensive mechanism of his Mimbulus Mimbletonia. This was to Harry's regret when Cho Chang then visited the compartment, as "he would not have chosen to be sitting with Neville and Loony Lovegood, clutching a toad and dripping in Stinksap."
Trevor made a bid for freedom on the Hogwarts Express, but Neville caught him again.
Behind the scenes
- There was a theory by a fan named Naomi that Trevor was the Animagus form of Neville's Uncle Algie, but this was said to be false by Rowling.
- In the Spanish translations of the books Trevor has been tranferred into a turtle instead of a toad.
- In the scene when the trio leaves the common room to save the Philosopher's Stone, Trevor is mistakenly refered to as a female in the German version. All other times he is mentioned, including all other books, he is male.
- In polish version, Trevor is a female too.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 7 - (The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 - (The Journey From Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 10 - (Hallowe'en)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 7 - (The Boggart in the Wardrobe)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 20 - (The First Task)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 10 - (Luna Lovegood)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 7 - (The Slug Club)
- ↑ Pottermore information on toads, transcript available here
- ↑ Harry Potter: A Blue Peter Special, transcript available here