Treacle, also known as molasses, is any uncrystallized syrup byproduct of the sugar refinement process, produced either by biological or mechanical means. Treacle is used in cooking to add flavour and as a sweetner or as a condiment.
Treacle comes in a number of forms, including the pale syrup known as golden syrup and the darker syrup known as dark or black treacle. Black treacle has a distinctively strong, bitter flavour, and is possessed of a richer colour than its "golden" cousin, yet not as dark as molasses. Golden syrup is the main sweetener in treacle tart, a favourite desert of Harry Potter.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery