Transformation (a.k.a. Transubstantial Transfiguration) is the name given to a branch of transfiguration that focuses on deforming the physical features of an object. It is not to be confused with Trans-species Transformation, though that is a type of Transformation.
It contains the following sub-groups all of which overlap with each other to varying degrees): Human Transfiguration, defined by and named for the target being a human being; Switches, which simultaneously exchange features between organism; and the aforementioned Trans-Species Transformations, which refer to Transformations that change organisms from one species to another.
- Cauldron to Sieve
- Draconifors: Turns statues of dragons into real dragons.
- Ears to kumquats
- Fera Verto: Transfigures target animal into a water goblet.
- Glass to sand shield
- Match to needle
- Raven to Writing Desk
- Rock to dog
- Smoke to daggers
- Snufflifors: Turns books into mice.
- Tentaclifors: Turns a person's head into a tentacle
Trans-Species Transforming spells
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 version only) (Mistake)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only) (Transforming Spells and Cross-Species Switches)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (real) (Mentioned only) (Mentioned as Transubstantial Transfiguration)