At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
- Appare is a Latin word in the imperative form (present active, second-person, singular) meaning "you appear (now)", a conjugation of the verb appareo ("I appear, or come into sight").
- On the other hand, vestigium is Latin for "footprint or track", or in a broader sense, any form of "trace, vestige or mark".
- Taken together, the incantation Appare Vestigium can be interpreted as a command, "footprints, traces, you appear now".
Behind the scenes
- This spell, or a variation of it, might be used in the creation and/or maintenance of the MACUSA Real-Time Hex Indicator map.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay
- Human presence-revealing spell, Homenum Revelio