- "It wasn't a pretty sight. Hermione's front teeth - already larger than average - were now growing at an alarming rate; she was looking more and more like a beaver as they elongated, past her bottom lip, towards her chin - panic-stricken, she felt them, and let out a terrified cry."
The Tooth-Growing Spell (Densaugeo) is a hex which forces the victim's two front teeth to elongate, growing grotesquely at an alarmingly fast rate. It can also be used to transform a tooth or multiple teeth so that, when they are nearly gone and only the smallest pieces, a witch or wizard could return them to their original size. The Shrinking Charm can be used to counteract this spell.
Behind the scenes
- The hex is included in the "5 Spell Pack" DLC for LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7. In the game, the hex not only enlarges teeth, it also makes the victim wear groucho glasses.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7