|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|Tom Marvolo Riddle's gang|
Pre-cursor to the Death Eater organisation
Tom Marvolo Riddle's gang was a group of fellow students Riddle had around him during his time at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He claimed they were his friends, and made it appear so in public. In truth, however, he had no attachments for them, as he never once desired a friend, and he only manipulated them to do his deeds, which led to nasty incidents over the years. Through Riddle's intelligent and discreet methods, the gang was never connected to these incidents.
Presumably, although this group disbanded after Riddle graduated from Hogwarts in 1945, it was a precursor to the Death Eater organisation. Indeed, some (if not all) of the members became the earliest known Death Eaters.
- "They were a motley collection; a mixture of the weak seeking protection, the ambitious seeking some shared glory, and the thuggish gravitating toward a leader who could show them more refined forms of cruelty."
- —Albus Dumbledore on the the principal attributes of the gang, many of whom would later go on and become Death Eaters.[src]
- Tom Riddle (Leader)
- Rosier (possibly)
- Mulciber (possibly)
- Nott (possibly)
- Antonin Dolohov (possibly)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Appears in flashback(s))