|Timothy the Timid|
Before 1995 (possibly)
Timothy the Timid is a very shy wizard with a moustache and very sparse hair. Very shy, he was afraid of many things and disliked people (and other portraits), who stared at him, becoming paranoid with time. He has a portrait hung at Hogwarts Castle.
By 1995, Timothy had two sets of portraits, hiding different shortcuts. One set hid a secret passageway between the fifth-floor corridor and the Herbology Corridor. The password for this shortcut was "Flaming earwigs". The other pair of portraits hid a shortcut between the Transfiguration Courtyard and the fifth floor, and its password was "Carpe Diem". Both sets of portraits were placed next to portraits of a staring eye and Timothy's portrait was very annoyed by it, asking students to "cover him up" and claiming that "he is one of them " (whatever that means).
In the next school year, both sets of portraits were hung on other places. Due to leading close to the Quidditch pitch, the portrait said its password to the Quidditch Captains, asking them to have their teams to keep it down, when they passed next to him. One of the two sets hid a passageway from the Grand Staircase to a stairway, leading towards the Quidditch Gate, and its password was "Boiled Beetles". The other pair hid a secret passageway from the Quidditch Gate to the Portrait Room.
Behind the scenes
- Timothy the Timid may have passed away sometime prior to 1995, as many portraits hung at Hogwarts Castle depict deceased individuals.
- The portrait of him that can be seen on the fifth floor corridor close to the Prefects' bathroom was removed in 1998 and instead another part of the fifth floor corridor has been added, as it can be seen that Voldemort chased Harry Potter through this hallway.
The name "Timothy" comes from the Greek name "Τιμοθεος" ("Timotheos"), meaning "honouring God", derived from τιμαω ("timao"), "to honour" and θεος ("theos"), "god".
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First appearance) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) - NDS version
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) - GBA version
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
Art Classroom · Boys' Restroom · Classroom · Classroom 5B · Corridor · Hall · Hospital tower corridor · Muggle Studies showroom · Music Classroom · Prefects' bathroom · Secret Muggle Room · Storeroom · Upper Hall · Weasley Candy Emporium · Weasley Supplies Bargain Basement