Thirteen in the wizarding world
- Pollux Black was thirteen years old when he and his wife Irma Crabbe had their first child, Walburga, in 1925.
- Lord Voldemort's wand is thirteen and a half inches long.
- Peter Pettigrew murdered twelve people after betraying James and Lily Potter, as well as faking his own death. As a result, Sirius Black was wrongly convicted of the murder of thirteen people and imprisoned in Azkaban.
- On Christmas Day, 1993, Sybill Trelawney, professor of Divination at Hogwarts, joined several of her pupils and fellow teachers for Christmas dinner in the castle's Great Hall. She was fearful upon noticing that twelve people were dining in the hall, believing that were she to sit down, the first of the thirteen seated to rise would be the first to die. Fellow professor Minerva McGonagall expressed doubts regarding her fears.
- However, if Peter Pettigrew in his Scabbers disguise is counted as a person, there were thirteen people before Trelawney arrived. Since Dumbledore rose from his seat to greet Professor Trelawney, and assuming Derek and two other unnamed students did not die before Dumbledore's death in 1997, Professor Trelawney 's prediction was correct.
- In 1995, thirteen members of the order dined together, and the first to rise was Sirius. Sirius was the first to die of those thirteen people.
- Barty Crouch Jr.'s escape from Azkaban prison in 1982 was not known publicly until 1995, thirteen years later.
- Lord Voldemort spent thirteen years of his life without a body and the Death Eaters had not met in his presence for thirteen years before they did so in the Little Hangleton graveyard on 24 June, 1995.
- Thirteen people came to collect Harry Potter from 4 Privet Drive for the last time in 1997. It is possible that this contributed to the bad luck experienced by these wizards and witches on this operation. One of the thirteen, Alastor Moody, died that day.
- After Alastor Moody's death, 13 people sat in the living room of the Weasleys. The first person to stand up, Remus Lupin, was the first to die.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Thirteen on Wikipedia