At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Theseus Scamander was a British wizard who lived during the early 20th century. He worked as an Auror with the British Ministry of Magic and was described as "powerful." He had at least one sibling, a brother, Newt, who eventually became a famous magizoologist and author.
In 1926, Theseus corresponded with Percival Graves, the Director of Magical Security of the MACUSA, about recent events in New York (presumably the chaos caused by Theseus's brother's escaped creatures).
Notes and references
- ↑ It takes three years of training to become an Auror, and Theseus had to be at least 17 to begin his training. At the time of his correspondence with Percival Graves, he was already an Auror, meaning he was no younger than twenty.
- ↑ World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ Since Rolf Scamander kept Newt's family name, it can be presumed that he is the son of a son of Newt's (if he were the son of a daughter of Newt's, he might more likely bear whichever his father's surname was, and not Scamander).
- ↑ Slughorn states that family members are often sorted into the same house, implying that Theseus could have ended up in the same house as his brother. However, there are exceptions to the rules.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 "‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’: 43 Things to Know about the New Wizarding World Story" from Collider
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 "‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’: 43 Things to Know about the New Wizarding World Story" from SnitchSeeker.com