The trio, sometimes known as the Golden Trio, is a popular name for the three main characters of the Harry Potter series. The Trio, hence the name, holds three members, being Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger. The trio is often allied with the Order of the Phoenix and Albus Dumbledore.
Behind the scenes
- The term has been widely adopted by fans and is used for the title of "The Trio theme" heard in the films of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Harry Potter series author J. K. Rowling also once used the term in a 2007 interview.
- Interestingly, the members of the Golden Trio have all three of the blood statuses of the wizarding world as Harry is a half-blood, Ron is a pure-blood, and Hermione is a Muggle-born.
- The Trio also differ from each other in appearance. They each have different eye colours. Harry has green eyes (although portrayed as blue in the films), Ron has blue eyes (although often portrayed as green or brown), and Hermione has brown eyes.
- They not only have differing eye colours, but also various hair colours. Harry has black hair (although portrayed as brown in the films), Ron has red hair, and Hermione has brown hair (although portrayed as dirty blonde in the films).
- All three members are related or blood related to the Weasleys, as Ron is a Weasley, Hermione married Ron making her a Weasley by marriage, and Harry married into the Weasley family through Ginny making him an in-law to the Weasley family, as well.
- Each of their wand cores is a core of the wands made in Ollivander's: Hermione's wand's core is dragon heartstring, Ron's first and second wand cores are unicorn hair, and Harry's is phoenix tail feather.
- Interestingly, despite Harry being the leader of the Trio he is actually the youngest of the Trio. Whereas Hermione is the oldest and Ron is the second oldest.
- The three bring different parts to the Trio, Harry brings leadership and power, Ron brings muscle and comedy, and Hermione brings intelligence and reason.
- The Trio is an example of a Freudian Trio.