|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is a real-life person, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
The Guardian was a British Muggle daily newspaper published at London and Manchester that costs 1 Euro, having atleast 23 pages. It's website is guardian.co.uk. A few days after the attack on the Millennium Bridge, in early July 1996, patrons at Treats were seen reading various papers, including The Guardian. That day, a large photo of the ruins of the bridge was featured on the front page, under the headline "Bridge disaster hits London." David Blishen took the photo seen on the front page in 1996.
Other front-page headlines from that day's issue were:
- "Bill Clinton: Exclusive interview on his European tour"
- "Fresh and wild: Can you eat too much fruit?"
- "US award to Dalai Lama angers China"
- "25% of NHS trusts fail on hygiene code"
- "IVF doctors: don't rely on frozen eggs"
- "Rotherham in good shape for season"
Behind the scenes
- The Guardian is a real-world UK newspaper founded in 1821.
- The masthead of the prop Guardian featured in the film adaptation of Half-Blood Prince — single font, lowercase, two colours — was introduced in 2005, making its appearance in the movie anachronistic, given that it is set in 1996. Additionally, the date is given as 5 July, 2007, and all of the articles, other than the fabricated one about the Millennium Bridge, are real news stories from that year.
- The online versions of the print articles used in the film prop include:
- "The third age of Clinton" - 5 October, 2007
- "Bush to defy Beijing over Dalai Lama award" - 16 October, 2007
- "Quarter of trusts failing on hygiene, survey reveals" - 18 October, 2007
- "Speculation and media's age fixation drove leader to quit" - 17 October, 2007
- "Women urged not to use frozen eggs as insurance" - 18 October, 2007
- "Tories to vote agianst CGT change" - 16 October, 2007
- "Terry injury piles pressure on England" - 17 October, 2007
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 1 (The Other Minister)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films
- ↑ "The Guardian" on Wikipedia
- ↑ "Design of the Week: David Hillman's Guardian" on Phaidon.com