|The Essential Defence Against the Dark Arts|
Fighting the Dark Arts
Third-year textbook at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
This book had information on various dark creatures, such as:
Behind the scenes
- It is believed by some (though not proven), due to the similarities in text, that the page on werewolves seen in the films is copied from a website.
- There are at least two different versions of the prop for this book. The version sold by MinaLima Design has the text on the cover composed of random letters, while the one showcased at Harry Potter: The Exhibition (seen at the top of this page) has the letters form various words related to the series.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Not by name)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- ↑ This was the first year the book was seen
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition
- ↑ These are the creatures Lupin teaches the class about, and this is the assigned textbook for the class, and hence he probably gathered some information on the Dark creatures from the book