The Dream Oracle
It was required for Professor Trelawney's fifth year divination classes. Professor Trelawney had already set them out on the tables in the Divination Classroom rather than having her students buy them, something unusual at Hogwarts.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Chapter Twelve - Professor Umbridge)
- ↑ The only other times students didn't need to buy their textbooks were when they already owned them (as with The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection in Moody's class) or (in the film adaptation only) Dark Arts Defence: Basics for Beginners given out by Professor Umbridge.
- ↑ As a double lesson is an hour, a single hour must therefore be half an hour. Ten minutes left for dream interpretation subtracted from half an hour total class time equals twenty minutes of reading time.
|Professors: Sybill Trelawney · Firenze|
|Known Seers: Calchas · Cassandra Vablatsky · Cassandra Trelawney · Inigo Imago · Mopsus · Professor Mopsus · Unidentified female Seer · Unidentified male Seer|
|Textbooks: The Dream Oracle · Unfogging the Future|
|Methods: Astrology · Cartomancy · Catoptromancy · Crystal-gazing · Crystal ball · Dream interpretation · Fire-omens · Heptomology · Ichthyomancy · Palmistry · Ornithomancy · Tarot cards · Tessomancy|
|Divination at Hogwarts: Divination (class) · Divination Classroom · Divination staircase · Sybill Trelawney's office · Classroom 11|