- In third year, during one of the Divination lessons, Professor Trelawney read the tea leaves in Harry Potter's cup and saw four things: the falcon, a deadly enemy; The club, an attack; The skull, danger in your path and the Grim, a spectral dog which is an omen of death.
- In same year, during the same Divination lesson Trelawney read the tea leaves in Neville Longbottom's cup and commented that it was not good. After she asked if his grandmother was well.
Tea leaf symbols
From Unfogging the Future, pages five and six:
- Acorn - "windfall, unexpected gold"
- Club - "an attack"
- Cross - "trials and suffering"
- Falcon - "a deadly enemy"
- The Grim - "death"
- Skull - "danger in your path"
- Sun - "great happiness"
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (GBA version only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter LEGO Sets
Notes and references
|Professors: Sybill Trelawney · Firenze|
|Known Seers: Calchas · Cassandra Vablatsky · Cassandra Trelawney · Inigo Imago · Mopsus · Professor Mopsus · Unidentified female Seer · Unidentified male Seer|
|Textbooks: The Dream Oracle · Unfogging the Future|
|Methods: Astrology · Cartomancy · Catoptromancy · Crystal-gazing · Crystal ball · Dream interpretation · Fire-omens · Heptomology · Ichthyomancy · Palmistry · Ornithomancy · Tarot cards · Tessomancy|
|Divination at Hogwarts: Divination (class) · Divination Classroom · Divination staircase · Sybill Trelawney's office · Classroom 11|