Tessie was a great-aunt of the children of Arthur and Molly Weasley. In December of 1994, Ron Weasley commented that his dress robes for the Yule Ball made him look and smell like her. She may have owned Shell Cottage before Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour.
Behind the scenesEdit
- ""Look at this!" said Malfoy in ecstasy, holding up Ron's robes and showing Crabbe and Goyle, "Weasley, you weren't thinking of wearing these, were you? I mean — they were very fashionable in about eighteen ninety…""
- —Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 11 (Aboard the Hogwarts Express)[src]
- If Draco Malfoy's remarks on the fashionability of Ronald Weasley's dress robes in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire are to be trusted, Tessie was presumably born in the late 19th century. Interestingly, another of the Weasley children's great-aunts, Muriel, was born in 1890.
- Based on their approximate ages and equal familial relationship to the Weasleys, Muriel and Tessie might have been sisters.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Mentioned only)