- " […] immobilising two pixies at once with a clever Freezing Charm and stuffing them back into their cage"
- —Hermione Granger's use of the charm in her Defence Against the Dark Arts class[src]
|Hermione Granger||Fall 1992||Used this spell on a pair of pixies in her second year after her teacher tried and failed to subdue them using the incantation Peskipiksi Pesternomi.|
|Remus Lupin||June 6, 1994||Used it on the Whomping Willow.|
|Harry Potter||24 February, 1995||Used it to liberate himself from some attacking Grindylows.|
|Horace Slughorn||throughout 1996||Used this charm to freeze the burglar alarms of Muggle houses he stayed in while in hiding from the Death Eaters.|
|Kingsley Shacklebolt||2 May, 1998||This may be the spell he used non-verbally during the Battle of Hogwarts.|
The incantation is derived from Latin immobilis meaning "immobile, unmoving".
Behind the scenes
- In the second film, Hermione freezes all of the pixies at the same time instead of just two.
- Despite the books and video games giving no incantation, the word is shown to be Immobulus in the film.
- In Harry Potter for Kinect Harry and Voldemort can use this spell against each other during the final battle during Voldemort's Last Stand as they engage in a normal duel.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC version), Immobulus is misspelled "Immobilus" when it is unlocked.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Possible appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Consoles and Windows versions only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter for Kinect
Notes and References
|Grade 1 · Grade 2 · Grade 3 · Grade 4 · Grade 5 · Grade 6|
|Charms included in the series: Fire-Making Spell · Levitation Charm · Locking Spell · Mending Charm · Softening Charm · Severing Charm · Unlocking Charm · Dancing Feet Spell · Disarming Charm · Engorgement Charm · Freezing Charm · General Counter-Spell · Memory Charm · Tickling Charm · Summoning Charm · Banishing Charm · Substantive Charm|