It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
Watch shows and news.
A television is a Muggle device used to transmit images and sound from far away. Muggles use them for entertainment and information acquiring purposes. Most Muggle homes have at least one set, and there is most likely no wizarding world equivalent. Despite this, there was an attempt to create a wizarding television network in the early 1980s, but it was shot down by the British Ministry of Magic.
Dudley Dursley regularly enjoyed watching television programs such as The Great Humberto and became distressed if away from the television for too long. He broke his first ever television set by kicking it, following the cancellation of his favourite program. For the summer holidays, he was given a second television to replace it.
Harry Potter was found by his aunt and uncle, hiding in a large hydrangea bush one evening while listening to the television for news about the mysterious events surrounding Lord Voldemort's return. He was unlucky, however, only hearing things such as news about a Spanish baggage-handlers' strike, an advertisement for Fruit 'n' Bran and fluff news about a water-skiing budgerigar.
A television was owned by the Luchino Caffe.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)