Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Telescopes can be used for studying the night skies and identifying different stars and planets."
A telescope is a device used for seeing faraway objects. Those used in the wizarding world are presumably magical to some extent, as they can be used to see objects that would be impossible to see with a Muggle telescope.
They are essential in Astronomy, and thus all Hogwarts students up to their fifth year (and their sixth and seventh should they choose Astronomy as an elective) are required to own one. Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment sells brass telescopes for five Galleons.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter LEGO Sets
Notes and references
|Professors: Aurora Sinistra|
|Astronomy at Hogwarts: Astronomy department · Astronomy Tower · Astronomy Room · Astronomy Stairs · Astronomy Corridor · Astronomy reading room · |
|Astronomers: Aurora Sinistra · Copernicus · George von Rheticus · Perpetua Fancourt|
|Objects: Globe of the Moon · Lunascope · Moon chart · Orrery · Star chart · Telescope|
|Planets: Jupiter · Mars · Mercury · Neptune · Pluto · Saturn · Uranus · Venus|
|Satellites: Callisto · Europa · Ganymede · Io · Moon|
|Constellations: Bartholomeus · Orion|