- "That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave chap. Have you read his books? I'd have died of fear if I'd been cornered in a telephone booth by a werewolf, but he stayed cool and — zap — just fantastic."
- —Justin Finch-Fletchley regarding one of Gilderoy Lockhart's supposed accomplishments[src]
A telephone booth, also known as a telephone box, is a small enclosure containing a public telephone. The Ministry of Magic uses a telephone booth as the visitor's entrance. The booth transports visitors from ground level to the Atrium on floor B8. To activate the entrance, one dials 62442 (spelling "magic") on the telephone.
Frank Bryce had intended on using a telephone booth in Little Hangleton to phone the local police upon overhearing Voldemort's plans to murder Harry Potter in August of 1994, but he was discovered by Nagini before he could leave the Riddle House.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game