|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "If you must know, when I was three, Fred turned my — my teddy bear into a great big filthy spider because I broke his toy broomstick.... You wouldn't like them either if you'd been holding your bear and suddenly it had too many legs and..."
- —Ronald Weasley explains the source of his arachnophobia.[src]
This spell transfigures a teddy bear into a giant spider. Fred Weasley used this spell on Ronald Weasley's teddy bear in 1983 or 1984 in revenge for the latter breaking his toy broomstick. Ronald Weasley developed a severe case of arachnophobia due to this event.
Behind the scenes
- Fred was only about five years old when he cast this spell. It´s most likely that this was a case of unintentional wandless magic caused by Fred's anger.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)