Taurus is one of the twelve astrological signs in the western zodiac. Every year, the sun is in this sign from 21 April to 20 May, and those born during this period are considered Tauruses (also called Taureans). They are generally characterised as being reliable, persevering, warm, and even-tempered, but also unforgiving, inflexible, and selfish.
Individuals known to have been born under this sign include:
- 28 April — Horace Slughorn
- 2 May — Victoire Weasley
- 15 May — Pomona Sprout
- 20 May — Jack and Tom Monk
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (mentioned in newspaper)
- The Making of Harry Potter (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Astrological sign on Wikipedia
- ↑ "Taurus" on Astrology-Online.com
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (see this image)
- ↑ "Horace Slughorn fact file" from Pottermore
- ↑ J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Official Site - Birthday Calendar
- ↑ A prop issue of Metro featuring an article about the "miraculous" premature births of Jack and Tom appears in the Underground scene in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, just before Harry Potter's disciplinary hearing on 12 August, 1995. The body of the article says that "It would be twelve weeks in total before a fully recovered Tilly and I could bring our boys home for the first time." Twelve weeks is eighty-four days, and eighty-four days before 12 August is 20 May. The prop issue itself is dated 1 December, 2006, but this is inconsistent with the canonical timeline of the Harry Potter series.