Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shouldn't this article be deleted? I can understand cut-content being included that was meant for the books but cut-content from the film that would have contradicted the books shouldn't really be an article should it? Patr0nus ( Expecto Patronum! ) 15:21, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, it is under the non-canonical characters cat... -- 15:23, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- I'll leave it up to the majority of the community to decide this, but I think that cut-content from the book or the films deserves at least a mention. My biggest concern right now is that the tag at the top of the page says "cut from the books." I'm not a pro at Wiki templates. Could anyone make one that says "cut from the films"? Just a thought...--Parodist 22:09, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Better? -- 22:51, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, thanks. --Parodist 23:10, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- I have to agree with Patr0nus. We generally only have separate articles on cut content which doesn't completely contradict the books. There are articles on Mopsy, Mafalda, Pyrites, and Mylor Silvanus because these characters could still theoretically exist in the HP universe. For example, there is no evidence which rules out the existence of a Hogsmeade resident named Mopsy, only evidence that she never took in Sirius as a stray dog. However, we don't have a "Hermione Granger's sister" article, because although JKR has stated that she originally intended Hermione to have a younger Muggle sister, she has said Hermione is an only child, thus ruling out the possibility that Hermione had a sister. JKR has stated that Dumbledore was gay and this would seem to rule out the possibility that he ever had a girlfriend. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 01:25, September 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, but isn't that really the point of the non-canonical characters category? For example, Argo Pyrites is a cut character, but that doesn't make him non-canonical as, as you said it, he could still theoretically exist in the HP universe. Dumbledore's girlfriend is a different case: while she derives from cut content, she is also non-canonical. I think that characters you mentioned shouldn't be regarded as non-canonical, but simply as cut content. -- 01:34, September 16, 2009 (UTC)
Regardless of whether this article should exist on the wiki or not, surely its title is argumentative and misleading. The deleted line doesn't suggest that Dumbledore dated this girl; it only indicates that he fancied her. Wouldn't "Unknown Muggle girl from Liverpool" or something along that line be more accurate, not to mention more neutral? —Josiah Rowe 08:31, November 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Done. - Nick O'Demus 09:08, November 25, 2010 (UTC)