Article deletion Edit
I've gathered enough information for each of these unidentified girls to create them their own seperate pages and I have done so. If this article could be deleted or whatever is needed that would be great as this article is no longer needed.
See the two new articles:
- Unidentified Gryffindor girl 1 - She now has her own seperate article.
- Unidentified Gryffindor girl 2 - She now has her own seperate article.
Thanks, - Patr0nus 21:42, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Woahhh, but Kellah is played by Lavender Browns actress? Patr0nus ( Expecto Patronum! ) 08:51, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- No, theý have two different actresses, Kandice Morris is Kellah and Jennifer Smith is Lavender.--Rodolphus 08:56, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm personally against using names only given in the films and/or video games for unidentified characters that appear in the books, unless they are directly stated to be that character. After all, Kellah and Fay Dunbar could simply be characters completely made up by the people who made the games and films, and Rowling has already promised that she would reveal their names in the Harry Potter Encyclopedia, so I think its best just to wait until then. --Parodist 12:50, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
Our policy states films and video games are canon unless they contradict a higher canon source. Personally, I also think Rowling will contradict it some day, but until then, they´re canon. --Rodolphus 12:58, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- We know from JKR that in addition to Hermione, Lavender, and Parvati, there's two other Gryffindor girls in Harry's year whose names are still unknown. I don't think we can identify Kellah, Fay Dunbar, and other such characters from the films and games as the girls JKR was talking about in those interviews based solely on the fact that they are Gryffindor females in Harry's year who aren't Hermione, Lavender, or Parvati. JKR will in all likelihood eventually reveal the names of the other two Gryffindor girls in Harry's year, thus rendering Kellah, Fay Dunbar, etc. non-canonical under our policy. Until then, Kellah and Fay Dunbar are considered canon under this site's policy, but we should be careful not to conclusively state that they are the two Gryffindor girls mentioned by JKR. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 13:38, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- I wasn't saying that Kellah and Fay aren't canon, simply that their status as the two Gryffindor girls might not be. --Parodist 14:09, September 26, 2009 (UTC)