Harry Potter Wiki


Back to page

14,512pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

Correct definition?

According to Wikipedia, there are at least a dozen meanings for the word "recorder"; are we sure this article uses the right one?

I personally doubt this because (1) a tape-recorder, being an electronic device, wouldn't work at or near Hogwarts and (2) the stated meaning depends on the user of the device just happening to have a tape of the cry of a werewolf — the latter is a bit too much of a contrived coincidence for me.

I suspect that the actual intended meaning of "recorder" in this context is "member of the flute family". Such a device, being non-electronic, would work around Hogwarts with no problems, and could concievably (given a skilled and knowledgeable user) be used to imitate a werewolf's cry. — RobertATfm (talk) 05:22, March 6, 2013 (UTC)

Normally, I would be inclined to think you are correct. However, the LEGO Harry Potter games tend to play a bit fast and loose with this sort of thing, having a lot of Muggle technology and stuff that you wouldn't normally expect to be included. For example, LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 also has rubber ducks, even though in the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets film, Arthur Weasley seemed to think they were a Muggle thing. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if what's described on the page is correct, but I don't have this game to check. ProfessorTofty (talk) 14:48, March 6, 2013 (UTC)
What's on the page is correct. I've played the game, and certainly that level, multiple times. -- PerryPeverell 14:55, March 6, 2013 (UTC)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki