Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I moved it to Magical Quill, as it is now the canon name for the object according to Pottermore.com. --JDRooDigger 01:40, July 31, 2011 (EST)
How do we know that its always the deputy head who checks the Quill book? The site only says that McGonagall does it. She might just do it because she likes to, and someone completely different might do it ater she leaves (like Professor Longbottom). I think such an assumption should be reserved for behind the scenes. Green Zubat 14:29, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
I agree that this should be done if no one has any quotable proof that it's always the deputy head that checks the book. If no one does, then I suggest we change the text to "a professor checks the book each year", and add a bit about the possibility of it only being the deputy head to Behind the Scenes. -JDRooDigger 10:55, July 31, 2011 (EST)
How would you feel about a rename?
I'm thinking we should call it "Magical Quill" and then something in parentheses, because the words "Magical Quill" are pretty ambiguous. _|"HoboHunter28"|_ 14:41, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- I think it would be fine to name this page "Magical Quill (Hogwarts)" or the like, and make Magical Quill a disambiguation page linking to Blood quill, Sugar Quill, etc. -- Parodist 14:44, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Agreed. Magical Quill (Hogwarts) is much less ambiguous. -JDRooDigger 10:48, July 31, 2011 (EST)
I'm against both a disambiguation & a name change. After, we already have the "Quills" category. Green Zubat 14:59, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Also, even if you still don't agree with this, why not just have a "You may" template at the top, suggesting the other quill types? Green Zubat 15:02, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- This is also a good suggestion. After all, it is the only quill with the official canon name of "Magical Quill". The "You may" template seems to be an easier option. -JDRooDigger 13:57, July 31, 2011 (EST)
- I don't think a rename is necessary. After all, there may be other "magical quills", but this is THE "Magical Quill" (note the caps). I wouldn't oppose to a "Youmay" tag on the article with a link to the Quills category, though. -- 18:04, July 31, 2011 (UTC)