Behind the Scenes image
Can we get an image of the red-haired Sprout from the Stone game?--Rodolphus 18:26, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
Can we change the main image to one of her at the Feast at the end of the Chamber of Secrets film? Butterfly the rabbit 11:50, January 16, 2010 (UTC)
- If you can find one of high enough quality, then sure, feel free to upload one. :) Patr0nus ( Expecto Patronum! ) 13:14, January 16, 2010 (UTC)
Incorrect Index for Professor Sprout
Sprout's index incorrectly has a "1.2.4" that does not link to anything. In addition, the 1.2 part of the index might be incorrectly numbered, I'm not sure. I am very highly unskilled in the way Wikis have their indexes and Wiki HTML, so I'm not going to even attempt to fix this, just point it out.
Rad1986 01:21, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Fixed. -- 23:40, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
I think that the actual image is a terrible for the main.The color is terrible and I think we can make a much better image for the article.¿Anyone some agrees with me?Pol 871 09:36, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
Bumping.Pol 871 17:11, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
Pomona Sprout in the game the Deathly Hallows Part 2
- As she is appearing in the film, it is possible, however I haven't come across any confirmation for it. -Smonocco 15:29, February 24, 2011 (UTC)
- On the video game page, it says she is a playable character, is this true? It would be good if she was —The preceding unsigned comment was added by The-Free-House-Elf (talk • contribs).
Pomona Sprout in the movie "Half-Blood Prince"?The right of the teacher Slughorn sitting with gray hair disheveled, on the approach to Professor Sprout. The more similar in appearance to the actress Miriam Margolyes. Is it possible that this teacher Pomona Sprout? The more so because it is mentioned in the film and appears in the book.
THIS WITCH IS DEF POMONA SHE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE HER AND SHE IS SITTING BESIDE SLUGHORN AND IN HBP CHAPTER 22 THEY WERE SEEN PICKING A TYPE OF PLANT AND HAVING A GOD TIME YES I HIGHLEY BELIVE THAT THIS WITCH IS POMONA SPROUT!
Sprout in Snape's memory?
Am I wrong, or is Sprout seen at Lily's Sorting Ceremony in Snape's memories? Rodolphus 13:10, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
Sprout would have been teaching at Hogwarts by the time the Maruaders arrived so i believe you Rodolphus22.214.171.124 11:26, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
Is it confirmed she was teaching at Hogwarts while the Marauders were at school? As far as I know, Mcgonagall and Flitwick were the only teachers confirmed to have been working at Hogwarts at that time... Argulor (talk) 22:06, January 9, 2016 (UTC)
Tonks' head of house?
It is never stated clearly that Sprout was Tonks' head of house. It seems unlikely, but from what we know, she could have been appointed Head of House right before Harry started at school. Rodolphus 10:34, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
We should remove the statement and create a replacement article "Nymphadora Tonks' head of House".Rodolphus 13:14, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Sprout could be Tonks' Head of House, because Pomona was so old to has been teaching aprox. forty years, and Nymphadore is young. I think that Pomona Sprout was her Head of House. Lestrange97 13:50, August 3, 2011 (UTC) ´
Yes, she could. But we don´t have canonical evidence on when she was appointed Head of Hufflepuff, haven´t we?Rodolphus 13:54, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Bumping--Rodolphus 19:10, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
- As revealed in Pottermore, Pomona was the Hufflepuff Head of House during Gabriel Truman's third year at Hogwarts, which was sometime in or between 1987-1988 and 1989-1990. Tonks was on her fifth year in 1988-1989, which coincides with Gabriel Truman's early years. This definitely confirms Sprout was Tonks's Head of House. -- 20:46, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
Year of Sorting
On her article, it says she was born in 1930 or 1933, if she was born in either of these years, she couldnt of been sorted in 1939, she would be between 6 and 9 years old.
The-Free-House-Elf 17:21, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
- I've fixed it; she was born in '33 and Sorted in '44. -- 17:34, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
- It doesn't say that Sprout was older than McGonagall. It simply says that McGonagall's school career overlapped Sprout's by two years. That could also mean she was younger than McGonagall, with her first and second years coinciding with McGonagall's sixth and seventh years. So, if McGonagall was born in 1935, then Sprout was born in 1931 or 1941. Since Sprout had gray hair when McGonagall's was still black, she might be older though. Apwbd150 17:52, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
If the above is the case, shouldn't her birth year be changed to unknown? Since it is not confirmed whether she is older or younger than Minerva, and thus to present it as 1933 is misleading. Miraitrunks766 04:47, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
Year of birth
Pottermore says: " Minerva’s school career overlapped by two years with that of Pomona Sprout". So Sprout must have been born either 1931 or 1941. Dolohov 18:17, December 29, 2011 (UTC)
Sprout in ootp?
While reading the fifth book i did not see sprout in the book. She is mentioned in only a few chapters but other than that no dialogue parts. Should her appearances be changed to putting (mentioned only) beside the orer of the phoenix?126.96.36.199 22:53, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
Can anyone please provide a quote proving that Sprout's hair colour is given as grey in the books? I read the entire chapter listed for the source and found no mention of her having grey hair? --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 01:33, August 19, 2013 (UTC)
Birth year and age
Why is her year listed as "1931 or 1941"? McGonagall started at Hogwarts in September 1947 (she was born in October), and since Sprout started either two years before or two years after McGonagall, she began in either 1945 or 1951, and therefore was born in either 1934 or 1940.
I personally think 1934 is more likely, primarily, of course, because of her having flyaway grey hair, while Minerva's was still black. Of course Sprout could have prematurely greyed, McGonagall might have taken longer to get greys, or McGonagall might have Transfigured herself, but I think it more likely her hair was naturally black at that point. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 16:53, August 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Pottermore doesn't say that Sprout started two years before or after McGonagall -- it says "Minerva's school career overlapped by two years with that of Pomona Sprout", which means that when one of them was a first-year, the other was a sixth-year. -- 13:03, November 11, 2017 (UTC)
Mandrake Restorative Draught
- You're referring to where it says "at the End-of-Term Feast, Professor Dumbledore and the rest of the school applauded Sprout for her contribution in the brewing of the Mandrake Draught", right? This is merely noting that Sprout contributed to the brewing of the draught (that is, she provided the Mandrakes), not that she brewed it herself. -- 1337star (Drop me a line!) 17:29, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
Professor Sprout in the fifth movie???
In the fifth book says that for the teachers table Harry saw professor Sprout reading the "The Quibbler" resting on his pumpkin juice. So maybe the witch sitting behind and marked with a red arrow on skinsite from the fifth film and there's professor Sprout? Because she obviously reads the newspaper and perhaps "The Quibbler".
Professor Sprout after Harry's interview in The Quibbler
Are we sure that Sprout retired? Sure, Neville was teaching at the time, but is it possible that he and Sprout split years between them? Madame Pomfrey was believe retired in 2014 but was still Matron in 2020, so it's possible.--HarryPotterRules1 (talk) 03:19, March 17, 2017 (UTC)