Harry Potter Wiki

Talk:No entry due to flooding - Mr. Filch

Back to page

14,725pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

I just wondered if this was the best way to call the room. I think that's just a Filch's note in the door. I suggest calling it 'Flooded room', for example. Also, isn't a similar room in HP1 VG, where water coming out a locked room can be seen?--RavenclawcrestThe Evening Prophet Ravenclawcrest (Owl Post) 17:43, May 15, 2011 (UTC)

I started the article with this name because, in the game, notes posted on doors appear in a different manner. In Diagon Alley, when there's a closed shop, a "Read notice" command appears, and after pressing square Harry reads the notice aloud. As for the similar room in the GBC version of PS, I believe that's Moaning Myrtle's bathroom as on the CS video game it is located on that exact same spot. --  Seth Cooper  owl post! 18:20, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
I agree that notes are also read in another way. However, the room Harry cannot enter in the Entrance Hall is named 'Out of Bounds', but I wouldn't create an article called 'Out of bounds' for that room, as that is simply a description. Besides this, in some doors the text that appears when Harry approaches is 'To (Front Hall)' or 'To (Knights' room)', telling that leads to a corridor from which you can get to that place, but the corridor isn't called To Front Hall (at least I wouldn't create an article based on this text). Summing up, I doubt this is a good name for the article, but you're the administrator and the creator of the page, so I leave it in your hands. Thanks, RavenclawcrestThe Evening Prophet Ravenclawcrest (Owl Post) 18:46, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
Still, it's the only name the room goes by. If a player would search the web for a way (which, I believe, is non-existant) to enter this room, they would search "No entry due to flooding" and information would be harder to find if the room was called "Flooded room"; the same thing goes to "Out of Bounds". Also, just because I'm an administrator that doesn't mean you can't question my decisions :D --  Seth Cooper  owl post! 19:04, May 15, 2011 (UTC)

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki