Magical abilities and skills
Do you think that, on the character articles, all mentions of "duelling skill" shouuld be replaced with Martial magic, and healing spells should be replaced Healing magic? Martial magic is canon, while I don´t remember the term duelling spells ever being used.--Rodolphus 14:18, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
Martial or combative
Ollivander also refers to this form of magic as combative magic on Pottermore. Which title should be used?--Rodolphus 13:36, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
Bumping--Rodolphus 11:37, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Here's another new bit of canon from Pottermore as well:
- Nick O'Demus 11:56, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
OK, my opinions on canon terms:
- all mentions of dueling should be replaced with martial magic.
- Curses, jinxes, etc. can be put together into a Dark charms section.
- healing spells - healing magic.--Rodolphus 12:04, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I wouldn't go so far as all mentions of dueling, as "duelling" is still a canon term too. As far as "martial" vs. "combative", that's a bit tricky. Since both terms only get mentioned once (in the Wand Woods section), neither really seems "more" canon than the other. Might as well stick with "Martial" as the page-name for now. I've added a mention of "combative" to the article as well.
- I've already started on the "Dark charms" bit, and I agree with the "healing spells" -> "healing magic" move.
- Nick O'Demus 12:42, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, the term duelling is canon, but I don´t recall the term "duelling spell" ever being used. I know we have mentions of wizard's duel. But there are no mentions of the term "dueling spell" I think. And as the dueling sections refer to skills in magical duelling, I think we should change it to Martial magic.--Rodolphus 13:39, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, okay, "duelling spell", sure, that should be changed. When you said "all mentions of dueling", I thought you might've meant that literally. - Nick O'Demus 13:46, May 17, 2012 (UTC)