- Archive 1: 2005--2006
- Archive 2: 2007--2008
- Archive 3: 2009--2010
- Archive 4: 2011--2012
- See a history of the main page here.
Thanks for making this, everyone. I've just finished watching a box set of all eight films and this wiki has really helped me get the hang of who does what and why. Fadzrina Sappayani June 5,2015
The latest (as I type) "Did You Know" on the Main Page includes the word "favorite". This violates this wiki's language policy, which is that articles must be in British English. An admin needs to change it to "favourite". — RobertATfm (talk) 05:06, February 22, 2013 (UTC)
I really think we should change the featured poll. It's there 4 such a long time, and watever ppl vote on it's still Prongs. Change it to something like, oh I dunno, something about the 4 houses or something. Arya Drottning (talk) 07:29, June 15, 2013 (UTC)
I've just (under ten hours ago as I type) created a Cormoran Strike Wiki and would like this added to the Other Wikis section if this is OK. I also need plenty of editors to get the ball rolling (pun not intended)! — RobertATfm (talk) 14:57, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Now that the new CS novel, Silkworm is due out the day after tomorrow, how about the CS wiki being linked to from the Main Page, as the TCV wiki is? And how about a few people heading over there to help? — RobertATfm (talk) 14:37, June 17, 2014 (UTC)
Czech HP Wiki
Hi everyone, I'm the creator of this page and I would like to make it as a oficial Czech wikia page. I don't know who is the creator of cs.harrypotter.wikia.com, but the page is disaster. Can you please make my page oficial czech HP wikia on your page?
New film series: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
The Harry Potter Journey Continues:- http://www.deraileddouchebaggery.com/8/post/2013/09/end-of-the-magical-world-of-harry-potter-not-yet.html Anisha3011 (talk) 06:34, October 1, 2013 (UTC)
Reference Error on Main Page
Hey guys, there seems to be a referencing error on the Main Page. I looked at the page source but sadly could not find the source of the error. It may be also be coming from the transcluded templates being used on the Main Page. Anyways, just was passing by and thought you should know this. On another note, I must say you guys have a terrific Main Page.--Spartacus [ Talk • Central ] 16:25, November 16, 2013 (UTC)
- That comes from the "On This Day" section. Anytime the dates listed are referenced in the original date article, the reference is carried over to the current date template. But since the Main Page doesn't include the References list the date article does, it shows up as an error. - Nick O'Demus 16:29, November 16, 2013 (UTC)
- If this bugs you, you could add a hidden reflist, like this:
- Put on its own line at the end of the page (or at least after the references appear) and reference tags like this won't give an error. Otherwise, you could add a visible reflist (maybe inside a scrolling list to reduce the impact) to the bottom of "On This Day". --xensyriaT 18:20, November 16, 2013 (UTC)
- If this bugs you, you could add a hidden reflist, like this:
- That got it. Thanks! - Nick O'Demus 19:06, November 16, 2013 (UTC)
New page layout
What do people think of the new look? I personally find the fact that the only search option is at the top, above the adds disturbing, and the need to specify whether or not the searcher wishes to search only this wiki annoying at best, and very dissapointing at worst. I'm all for fixing things that are broken, and for changing things up now and again, but this feels like the opposite of improving the user interface, and I for one greatly dislike it. What does everyone else think about it? Dr. Galenos (talk) 18:48, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
Uh... I see no problems. Everything here seems to be fine to me - everything is where it should be. Though, admittedly, it will take a while for me to get used to the new look. I approve of it, Admins - you did good. --HarryPotterRules1 (talk) 19:29, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
==Take some pride==
- The last contributor to the page was an admin, and before that was a member of Wikia staff helping redesign. Either way, I fail to see where these "junk edits" are affecting. If you feel there's something wrong with the page, could you please point out where on the page is being affected? --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 11:11, June 18, 2014 (UTC)
I am closing down the The Casual Vacancy wiki. Could an admin please update that link to the new one, The J. K. Rowling Adult Fiction Wiki, which of course covers both the wikis I previously founded. — RobertATfm (talk) 18:31, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Done - Nick O'Demus 04:09, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
Can an admin add "zh:" into the "languages" bar? AB Ng 11:54, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Done - Nick O'Demus 04:11, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, sometimes a Christmas theme is added by certain contributor(s) in the day or few before Christmas, if sufficient demand is given. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 23:30, September 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Here is a snapshot by the Web Archive of the Main Page of this wiki on 7 December 2012, showing the Christmas theme it had then. — RobertATfm (talk) 00:22, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
Films first, then books
I'm not good at working on wikia's so I probably posted this in the wrong section. Anyways, I had an idea. What do you all think of a custom cursor/mouse? (If you don't get what I mean, check the FNAF wiki, it has a custom cursor.) The cursor could simply be a wand, and if you want to be more creative you could make the wand glow on links. Well, that was my idea.
- If this idea is taken up, it should be done in such a way that users can opt out of it. I remember, several years back, being on a site which had a custom Hallowe'en cursor, and many users (including me) found it annoying; then it turned out that the cursor (provided by Comet Cursor) was spyware. — RobertATfm (talk) 18:02, June 2, 2015 (UTC)
Ceiling fan vandal
- The vandalized files include:
- And the user is at it again: User:NeilN90. (Could somebody protect the four images?) - Mike Rosoft (talk) 13:16, July 16, 2015 (UTC)
I made some edits to the Gryffindor page, and due to the fact I'm new here, I did not follow the appropriate decorum and post here first. (Or at least I think I'm supposed to post here first? I am not certain.)
I added a definition of chivalry to the "behind the scenes" section of Gryffindor, and I also added a few house traits as well.
I have tweaked them a few times since putting them up, added a few punctuation marks, changed a word or two so it seemed to fit and flow better. I find that after reviewing my writing later I oftentimes find things I missed the first time around. I also changed the existing "strong of will" trait to "strength of will" as I felt that was worded more correctly.
My apologies for not posting here first. Also, if my edits are not needed or unnecessary I apologize for that as well.
- Seriously, don't worry. This is a wiki, after all, the point being that anybody can edit. If there's a problem with your edits, somebody will spot it and point it out (politely, right, folks! ;-) or maybe even simply fix it themselves, but you can pick it up as gradually as necessary. —Phil | Talk 13:13, June 22, 2015 (UTC)
I have to read the whole US series for an Ipad lol
Spells and wand motions
Where does the information for the spells come from (specifically the wand motions required to perform the spells)?