Since when was Alice a Prewett?
For those that are wondering how everyone in the Longbottom family is related to each other, here is how i think they are. You can comment on it if you would like to, you can find me here: User talk:Marvel and DC editor
- Harfang Longbottom and Callidora Black could have been Neville's great-grandparents.
- Their children were said to have been a son and a daughter, i think that their son became Neville's grandfather and their daughter was Enid, who was said to be Neville's great-aunt. Enid could have married Algie, who was said to be Neville's great-uncle.
- Harfang and Callidora's son married Augusta and had a son with her named Frank, who married Alice and their son is Neville. Marvel and DC editor 17:54, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Callidora and Neville are 65 years apart, which is a normal age for a grandmother. Couldn't Augusta have been Harfang's mother? Randomno 17:50, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
Since when was Hannah Abbot married to Neville? Is this stated on Pottermore? Please respond. I liked how they didn't answer this. I... I kind of have had daydreams of marrying Neville. Harry's too sassy, and Ron's just... no.--Emma Jehfon (talk) 01:59, April 7, 2015 (UTC)
- It was revealed by Rowling in an interview after Deathly Hallows was published. - Nick O'Demus 02:09, April 7, 2015 (UTC)
We can't tell for sure how much of the family approved or disapproved of anybody since only the residents of Grimmauld place could blast a person off of the family tree. All we know was that their conduct was not deemed bad enough to get them blasted off according to any previous resident of Grimmauld place. (Vaudree (talk) 18:28, October 30, 2015 (UTC))
Great aunt Enid could be Enid Pettigrew or Enid Smeek or someone else altogether. Enid Pettigrew fits my theory as to Alice's maiden name, which remains unknown.
The person above is right, though, that it is possible that Enid was a Longbottom before she married - whether her married surname was Pettigrew (making her a blood relative to both Frank and Alice), Smeek or something else. (Vaudree (talk) 18:28, October 30, 2015 (UTC))