This article says Kreacher drank the potion for Voldemort while storing it... the Horcrux cave article says "Once drunk it induced dehydration. If the drinker still had strength left after consuming the potion, he would be unable to drink water that did not come from the lake" So this would certainly explain his unhealthy looking appearance (although I figured that was only age) but wouldn't he die without being able to drink? Does he have to teleport back to the cave on a regular basis to nourish himself? It seems kind of vague, like is it a one-time thing that you need to drink from the lake and then can go back to drinking normally or must forever only drink from there? It makes me wonder about Dumbledore's final moments too, as clearly he also left the cave. Regulus obviously got caught by the inferi... we know Dumbledore escaped them but I wonder how Kreacher did, I guess by porting out. Ty 05:19, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
- I think what the article means is that water cannot be conjured in the horcrux cave. Kreacher should be able drink water at other locations. The whole idea was to force the drinker of the potion to drink from the lake which would trigger the inferi and kill the drink. Thanks, --JKoch(Owl Me!) 05:25, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
- So, If Dumbledore left the horcrux Cave would he be able to conjure water outside and drink it or would he not be able to drink conjured water after he drank the thing?
- Also, Regulus drank the potion, why is it there when Dumbledore arrives? Does it refill?
- Also, was Dumbledore weakened by both the ring and the drink and if he hadn't got weakened by the ring would he have not suffered as much in the cave?Abrawak 23:41, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Kreacher could get out the cave because elf magic is more powerful than regular magic. Speedysnitch 04:15, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Do you think that his torture caused by the potion may have also have contributed to his sobered personality? Abranon 14:52, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I think that the other contributors were: Regulus Black's Death, not being able to tell anyone what happened, The black family reaction to this death, living many years alone with the locket (think about how it affected Ron), living many years alone with Walburga's portrait, Sirius Black's cruelty. What do you think? Abranon 14:52, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
Kreacher was wizard made...
If Kreacher was wizard made how could he have a mother? On the bio thing it said he had a mother. Speedysnitch 04:11, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
- If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, I think you're taking the line "Kreacher is what he has been made by wizards" too literally. Dumbledore's not referring to actual physical making, he's just talking about the abuse that Kreacher has been subjected to and its effects on him. ProfessorTofty (talk) 22:35, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
Plot Hole - Wasn't his existence a warning for Voldemort?
When he spent time with the Malfoy Family and Bellatrix Lestrange, wouldn't his existence have warned Voldemort? Wouldn't Voldemort have been worried about his protection of the Horcrux Cave? Any explanation? Abranon 13:17, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
Voldemort had so little respect for house elf I don't think he would have been able to tell one apart from the other or paid much attention to their names. (oig)