Date of DeathEdit
How do we know that July 28 is when Karkaroff died? From what I recall, Remus told Harry about his death during the summer, but he didn't say exactly when it happened. Oread 16:41, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
What was he doing on the Great Hall?Edit
On Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film), there's a scene (placed immediately after the Welcoming Feast) that shows Karkaroff subreptitiously going into the deserted Great Hall, where the Goblet of Fire was. I always wondered what was he doing there. -- 01:17, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
- In-universe answer - I had wondered if that may have actually been Barty Crouch Jr., polyjuiced to look like Karkaroff insted of Moody at the time so as to deflect suspicion in case he was noticed.
- Out-of-universe answer - It was an easy way for the filmmakers to set up Karkaroff as a red-herring.
- Nick O'Demus 16:07, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
Which country does Karkaroff come from? His name implies that he comes a country like Serbia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Russia, or another Slavic Country, however he speaks "normal" English, like "Vot Vos that?" is "What Was that?" I have not seen the film, so I do not know about his accent, but I'm currently reading the book, where I found out the words (but not his name). TurboGolf 21:12, November 13, 2009 (UTC)
I think the main quote should be changed since a similar quote is being used in the relationships section for Snape. -Smonocco 22:43, December 27, 2009 (UTC)
Relationships: Alastor Moody Edit
I removed the line about it being unknown how Moody reacted to Karkaroff's death because Moody was almost certianly dead by the time the Order found out about Karkaroff. Also, it can also be assumed that Moody captured Karkaroff by the way Karkaroff reacts to the imposter Moody asking him to remember that it's his job to think like a Dark wizard. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs).
- We don't even know if he attended Hogwarts School. -- 14:37, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
Year of BirthEdit
From where, exactly, was it extrapolated that Karkaroff was born in around 1950? --15:31, August 25, 2012 (UTC)
- It's been fixed. The references should be showing up now. - Nick O'Demus 06:25, March 4, 2013 (UTC)