Is there a hint to in which House he was in? I have just played the sixth game. His Portrait was hung next to blue banners. Is it possible that he was a Ravenclaw, then?--Rodolphus 19:24, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
Bumping--Rodolphus 17:12, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
Bumping--Rodolphus 11:06, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I have an extremely small list of reasons he could be in Ravenclaw:
- He was hung next to blue banners.
- According to his article, a Ravenclaw prefect led the first-years to von Rheticus's portrait because it hid a passage to the tower.
- As von Rheticus is so good at Astronomy and the Ravenclaw Tower is one of the tallest, being a Ravenclaw would give him a good view of the skies.
- He is quite smart, a characteristic of Ravenclaw house, although he is also caring like a Hufflepuff.
- I'm afraid they're little proof of anything. The portrait had little or no say in the decor (just like the poor old Staring Portrait: I mean, he asked for a room with a view!), and being bright or accomplished in academic matters is no synonym of being a Ravenclaw: just take Dumbledore or Hermione, for example. As for the Prefect thing: we are never shown a Ravenclaw prefect leading students throught this portrait and even if we were, it would be proof of nothing, as a portrait opens for any student that provides the correct passwort (just like Harry and Elizabeth Burke in the Order of the Phoenix game). -- 23:54, March 21, 2013 (UTC)