0.0 Gargoyle

Well, in the video games and PC games, Gargoyles, when you cast Lumos on them, will sound like a lion's roar.


In reference to "Architecture" To say that there are two types of Gargoyles is wrong. Gargoyles are only ever water spouts. Those that look like Gargoyles that are statues placed to guard or ward off evil spirits are called Grotesques. so the majority of 'Gargoyles' at hogwarts are actually incorrectly named.

Of course as there seem to be living creatures called Gargoyles in the wizarding world, this accounts for some of them. 

JensterEx (talk) 13:48, August 18, 2013 (UTC) 

While this is true, in the common vernacular, the term "gargoyle" refers to both. Harry Potter is hardly the first or only series to make this "mistake". -- 1337star (Drop me a line!) 15:36, August 18, 2013 (UTC)