Maybe we should add something about the fact that Wizards try to not being know by Muggles but this book is also available in the Muggle world. And also, Dumbledore dies before the end of the book series but in the books there is no comments about Dumbledore using Harry's book. We can imagine that lot of Wizard could think that exposing their world to the muggle in a book can be dangerous for them and try to unrealise this book. Even if Dumbledore say it's "fictional" to the muggles. They should have something about that in the book series.
FrenchPygmyPuff 16:18, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
As with Quidditch Through the Ages, it would be useful to have information on what different edition of this book there have been, differences between them (however minor) and also foreign language editions.
One point that I hope can be clarified is the wizarding prices on the back of some of the books, which would be useful for the page linked to above: if you have a copy to hand please take a moment to add the country, year it was printed, ISBN and if it's got the price in Galleons, Sickles and Knuts below! Thanks! --xensyriaT 11:19, June 28, 2012 (UTC) EDIT: 11:25, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
Why does this page use the "Template:Book infobox" instead of the "Template:Real book infobox"? It's about the book Rowling wrote for charity, not the book inside of the Harry Potter-universe.09:34, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
- I can't see any good reason for it. The same is also true of the infobox on Quidditch Through the Ages (real). I would support a change, unless anyone knows of a good reason for having it as it is now. ProfessorTofty (talk) 20:12, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
- I also could not see a good reason. That's why I asked. I would prefer a change because now it's a contradiction to the other "real" books. 20:22, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
Real vs In World uses
Figured I'd raise this here, but it applies to Quidditch Through the Ages (real) and The Tales of Beedle the Bard (real) as well. When listing these titles for Appearances, should the (real) version always be used, or the in world version (when clearly noted like Tale of Three Brothers) or both? Similarly when using these titles for References, it seems like the (real) version should always be used, as no one has a copy of the in world version? Thoughts? --Ironyak1 (talk) 16:39, May 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Unfortunately that doesn't seem to align with common practice - just grabbing a beast at random - Dugbog Appearance = Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which is the in universe book.
- What about for references? These should all be the (real) versions yes? --Ironyak1 (talk) 16:50, May 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Hold on, I got hoodwinked by the pipe - Dugbog does refer to the (real) version. Looks like mostly pipe removing work - that should be easier. --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:08, May 19, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm going to raise this in the forums to make sure everyone's on the same page as the Layout Guide has the pipe for the list of Appearances. Why would this be the standard if Appearances should always be Out of Universe... --Ironyak1 (talk) 17:17, May 19, 2016 (UTC)