Wife and children
Could someone explain to me how we could know that Edgar Bones had a wife and at least 2 children and is Susan's uncle?
- he’d killed some o’ the best witches an’ wizards of the age — the McKinnons, the Bones, the Prewetts — an’ you was only a baby, an’ you lived.” chap 4 hp1
- “That’s Edgar Bones . . . brother of Amelia Bones, they got him and his family too, he was a great wizard" chap 9 hp5
- “Er — you don’t know Madam Bones, do you?” he asked. The girl smiled. “She’s my auntie,” she said. “I’m Susan Bones.” chap 16 hp5
- matiaskanfunfa asks: There is a girl named Susan Bones who was sorted in the first book and there was a family called the Bones that Voldemort tried to destroy, is this a coincidence or will Harry meet her in future books?
jkrowling_bn: Susan Bones' grandparents were killed by Voldemort! JKR 20 October, 2000
->All I could deduce for my part :
- Edgar was killed with other members of his family, it could be anyone, wife, children, brothers, sisters, parents
- Edgar is Amelia's brother.
- Amelia is Susan's aunt.
- Susan and Amelia are alive in 1995.
- Edgar is Susan's uncle or dad.
- Edgar and Amelia's parents were killed too, possibly the same day than Edgar.
Did I really something or is there a lot of speculation around Bones family? --17:38, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
After the the Azkaban escape in OP, it says something like:
"Susan Bones, whose uncle, aunt and cousins had been killed.
--Rodolphus 17:43, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you Rodolphus "Susan Bones, who had an uncle, aunt, and cousins who had all died at the hands of one of the ten, said miserably during Herbology that she now had a good idea what it felt like to be Harry." chapter 25 hp5 References in other pages were not really clear. --18:48, September 26, 2010 (UTC)