D.J. Prod Edit
Demetrius Jillip Prod is his name. And he is the D.J. Prod mentioned in the second book. Because in Danish his name is Pyllermand Jillip Pjok, and there's no one named P.J. Pjok. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs).
- I agree that Demetrius Prod and D.J. Prod are most likely the same, for the following reasons:
- See above comment.
- Both individuals' given names begin with D and their surnames are Prod.
- Both individuals' second names begin with J.
- Both individuals are married.
- They are mentioned within six years of each other, making it likely that they are, if not the same, closely related.
- Not opposed to the merge, but opposed to the name "Demetrius Jillip Prod". It is given as such nowhere in canon and, presenting it as such would be inappropriate. The translations provide characters with literally dozens of names that do not feature in the original version (mainly to keep the original meaning of the name, or to keep puns understandable). See Emeric Switch, for instance: the French edition gives his name as "Emeric G. Changé", but we do not call the character "Emeric G. Switch", as that name combination has never been used in any canon source. I'm fine with a BTS mention of his Danish name, though. -- 21:03, March 19, 2013 (UTC)