Hello! I've just edited the page to fit he or she. While there are many reasons to believe that Cho's spouse is a male: the precedence of past relationships, the fact that heterosexuals are the majority of the population, there is no reason we should asssume one way or another! -- S*a*p*h*n*a 22:26, April 11, 2013 (UTC)
Cho Chang couldn't have married in 1990 before the battle in 1998.....
- It looks like that was just vandalism; I've reverted it. -- 04:50, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Who said that she had not husband Edit
Seriously people don't fool around
I find it interesting that the partner of Cho Chang is thought to could have been female. Cho Chang was related with Cedric Diggory, has kissed Harry Potter and was related with Roger Davies afterward. All three are males. It would be a big surprise when she turned out to be homosexual. Harry granger 21:09, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- There's a chance (although I personally find it small) that Cho was bisexual. 188.8.131.52 22:05, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- JKR specifically stated that Cho "married" the Muggle. Currently, same-sex couples can legally enter into civil partnerships in the United Kingdom, but they cannot get married. I suppose it's possible that A) same-sex marriage is legal in the UK in the HP universe, B) same-sex marriage is legal under the British Ministry of Magic but not the Muggle government, or C) Cho went to Canada, the Netherlands, Spain, etc. But I really do think this is a case of Occam's razor. All of Cho's previous love interests were male, so I don't think it's far-fetched to assume that her spouse would be, too. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 07:10, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
- And have you noted, Starstuff, that all Cho's previous relationships with men have ended in tragedy? Just saying...
- Also, just because she said they were married she doesn't necessarily mean that they were legally married. Marriage is a figure of speech as well as a legal term, used to refer to that institution or ones like it (including civil partnerships). And even if it wasn't its quite feasible she got married abroad. My parents got married in Florida for example, yet we have always lived in Britain.
- There's simply no evidence for the partner being a man or a woman either way (JK herself probably hasn;t given it much thought) so lets not make presumptions. Green Zubat 22:26, July 28, 2011 (UTC)