- As long as he isn't named Charles in the books or interviews, he remains Charlie. The same would apply for Fred, who is never called Frederic.--Rodolphus 17:51, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- During his wedding ceremony. -- 18:53, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Why is the title currently "Charles Weasley"?
Should we really write about that? It is just speculation and JKR has said Charlie considers his job as more important. This has nothing to do with being gay.--Rodolphus 06:18, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
First of all I don't believe Charlie is gay. Second it does not really matter and plus it said as you said he is into his job. --06:32, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- Fan speculation in this matter does not count. We only record Canonical information. Until JK says anything to that effect, it should not be put in articles, and has been summarily removed. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 07:21, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- The article used as a source does not state that Charlie's reason for not marrying was his dedication to his job. Do we have another source for this information? If not, then I think it should be removed, because there's more than one possible explanation for why Charlie didn't marry. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 15:59, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Didn´t JKR mention that in A Year in life?--Rodolphus 16:16, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Ah, okay. I've never seen YITL and am only going by interview transcripts that I find on Accio Quote. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 16:20, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
On imdb.com, it says that Alex Crockford will be portraying Charlie in Deathly Hallows. Is that true? --Adumb1881 14:38, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
- I think they may have made a mistake, since they also have him listed as Charlie in the Prisoner Of Azkaban video game, rather than the film. -Smonocco 19:19, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Can anyone confirm who will be portraying Charlie in DH part 1? Or whether his character is completely omitted? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs).
- Apparently Alex Crockford will be playing him again, although I have yet to see any pictures of him as Charlie and no reports/ interviews that I've come across have mentioned his appearance in the film. -Smonocco 09:50, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Although IMDB is not reliable source, he is not even on that cast list. I haven't seen any photos of anyone resembling him from the abundance of wedding photos we've had, granted there are a lot of people at the wedding it is possible he isn't in any of the released stills. his role would be a cameo at most, considering none of the test screeners have mentioned his appearance. Interestingly, many other very minor roles have been cast for these films, I don't see why omitting the Best Man makes sense... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs).
Hi, I have found a german source which says Alex Crockford will play Charlie Weasley again in Deathly Hallows. If you find it reliable I don't know. The source is: http://cms.potterunited.de/index.php?id=464 Harry granger 18:54, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
- No, he isn't in D.H.:1, unless he is very well hidden in the back of a scene. I therefore think it's highly unlikely that he will be in Part 2. Also we never got any official confirmation from either Warner Bros. or Alex Crockford that he would be appearing in either Part. -Smonocco 23:59, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
- I saw a guy in the background when Bill and Fleur were dancing. He was short and had curly red hair and a beard. It's possible that he's Charlie (he looked like someone who deals with dragons). Not sure if it was Alex Crockford playing him, though. - Mr. Mortimer 13:26, November 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Is it possible to get a screen grab? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs).
Hi, I saw yet this photo here in this Wiki: File:Rubeus Hagrid Olympe Maxime D H Wedding 1.jpeg. In the background behind Olympe Maxime is standing a red-haired bearded man clapping his hands. Perhaps this is the man who could be Charlie Weasley. Harry granger 20:46, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Ah yes that could very well be him. We'd have to wait for the DVD to see if he is credited and for a higher resolution screenshot. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs).
Hi-res pic of the dude who may be Charlie:http://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/screencaps/displayimage.php?album=160&pid=159101#top_display_media Greater good, 20:51, 5 April, 2011
When was was Charlie mentioned in the Chamber of Secrets film? -Smonocco 13:36, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- As far as i remember, Ron or Arthur mentioned the name while they are inside at the Burrow, but still i am not 100% sure. --ÈnŔîčö DC(Send me an Owl!) 19:11, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
Appearance of Charlie Weasley in Deathly Hallows
Harry granger 19:20, March 19, 2010 (UTC) I found a new source. Perhaps that is more trustful.
- I think they might have used I.M.Db. as a source for some of the actors. -Smonocco
Couldn't have graduated in 1991
In the Philosopher's Stone, the part of which is set in the autumn of 1991, Fred says "We haven't won (the Quidditch Cup) since Charlie left". (pp.114). On pp.113, McGonagall says "We need a better team than last year. Flattened in that last match by Slytherin...". There is thus the implication that Charlie Weasley must have left Hogwarts prior to the academic year 1990-1, in contrast to what is stated in this article. If Charlie had left only months earlier, Gryffindor would not have had a chance to win the Cup since, so Fred wouldn't say this. 220.127.116.11 00:06, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- See the "Behind the Scenes" section in the article. - Nick O'Demus 06:17, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
I think taht Charlie is one os many character who J.K. Rowling forgot in the first part of Deathly Hallows.
But, i dont understand why McGonagall didnt appear in the same that Charlie, i say that Minerva is one of the main character of the books, and she must to appear in it.
Charlie was not forgotten by Jo. In the book you can find him at the wedding of his brother Bill with Fleur and on Harry's birthday party. The filmmakers have probably left him out. He also will fight in the Battle of Hogwarts in the book, in Part 2 we don't know until now. Harry granger 20:40, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
First name (II)
- Because he is named "Charles" in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (see this image). -- 21:11, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
charlie weasley in the wedding?18.104.22.168Editar
I have some reason to suspect this man is charlie weasley:
First: hair cut described in the book made by Mrs. Weasley
second: an alleged friendship with Nymphadora Tonks with whom he studied in the same yearthird, young appearance, much like tonks.
Wherefrom do we know that the middle name is Fabian as mentioned in the article? Harry granger 19:21, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
Why is his name as Charles Weasley? I don't remember that ever being said.
Process of elimination gives Charlie the middle name Septimus (after his paternal grandfather) as Bill has Arthur for their father and Percy has Ignatius for their maternal grandfather. 22.214.171.124 20:12, November 5, 2012 (UTC)
Marriage & Kids?
It says on the Gabrielle Delacour article that she and Charlie married and had five kids called Amelia, Ralph, Joan, Juliette and Jack and even has a link to Charlie's page. Quote:
"JKR announced that Gabrielle later married her brother-in-law Charlie Weasley and had five children; Amelia, Ralph, Joan, Juliette and Jack."
- No, because it's fanon that YOU added to the article in the first place. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs).
From what I've always heard, "Charles" is an anglicised version of the Latin name "Carol", which is still used as a boys' name in many parts of the world (e.g. Czech playwright Karel Čapek). Hence why Victorian author and mathematician Charles Luttwige Dodgson took the pen-name "Lewis Carroll"; it's a Latinised rearrangement of his first names.
"Karl" probably also comes from "Carol", but everything I've come across points to "Charles" deriving directly from "Carol", not from "Karl". -- RobertATfm 10:34, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
Featured article sign
I think this sign is not at its best place. It breaks the infobox.19:55, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
This was posted earlier today in my talk page-- "I've noticed some incorrect content both here and in the HP fandom at large. The image used of from the Daily Prophet cutting from the Weasleys' trip to Egypt does have Charlie Weasley in it. However, the person people assume is Charlie is, in fact, Percy. Not only is it actually a picture of the actor playing Percy, but the book mentions Percy wearing a fez in the photo. Additionally, if you look to the right in the back row, you find an unidentified Weasley who is of a stockier build, as described in the books. This Weasley, being the only unidentified one, can only be the real Charlie Weasley."
Thoughts? What's being said here seems to make sense to me, but the image has been there for so long that I didn't want to take any action without a discussion first. ProfessorTofty (talk) 23:59, August 27, 2013 (UTC)
- No, I don't think so. On the page Weasley family you can find this photo of the whole family. I would say: Percy is the second from right and he's also wearing a fez. The description of the books does not always fit the description of the actors, but the face of this second of right is much more the face of Percy. 11:28, August 28, 2013 (UTC)
- I only want to add this image from Alex Crockford, the actor who "played" Charlie Weasley. What do you think? I would say the above mentioned picture is correct for Charlie Weasley. 16:34, August 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, Hunnie Bunn, but that's the very first Bill Weasley, "played" by Richard Fish. Have a look on the photo of Richard Fish on his page. 17:53, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
Charlie is between Ron and Molly. It goes: Fred (or George), Ron, Charlie (background), Molly, Ginny (front), Arthur, Bill (background, right), Percy, George (or Fred). --HarryPotterRules1 (talk) 19:31, June 13, 2014 (UTC)
| This discussion is listed as an Active Talk Page.|
Please remove this template when the question has been answered.
- Which link do you mean? 23:26, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
I don't believe that this Link should be used to speculate about Charlie's possible appearance in an early draft of the film script. I can see no indication that this script is at all genuine, it's quite bad with numerous errors, spelling mistake on page 70 etc. It looks like a fan rewrite of the film to me, not canon.
Recommend its use in this page be removed.