The list of known escapees from the 1997 breakout comes from those who were imprisoned after the Battle of the Department of Mysteries (all but Bellatrix) and because Stan Shunpike and Travers mentioned in the context of the escape in DH:
- "Harry behaved a little too kindly to Stan Shunpike," said Lupin.
- "Stan?" repeated Hermione. "But I thought he was in Azkaban?"
- Kingsley let out a mirthless laugh.
- "Hermione, there's obviously been a mass breakout which the Ministry has hushed up. Travers's hood fell off when I cursed him, he's supposed to be inside too. But what happened to you, Remus? Where's George?" —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Oread (talk • contribs).
No, no, no
It says Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban circa July 1993. This is utterly wrong, as it would mean Sirius escaped at the end of the Prisoner of Azkaban story, but he escaped before the start. 1992 sounds more like it, so I'll step in to change that. MrSiriusBlack (talk) 20:00, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- I think you may be confused. Prisoner of Azkaban takes place from 1993-1994, not 1992-1993. -- 1337star (Drop me a line!) 21:08, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
How did Voldemort get Lucius out of Azkaban?? He had nearly a year in which he could have done it and only bothered after all that time?? Sure, Lucius failed him, but seriously, that's like, 10 death eaters he didn't have for a whole year...did he learn a new skill or something? General Ironbeak (talk) 04:04, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
- One gets the impression (or I did anyways), that the 1997 break-out was aided by the Dementors themselves. Voldemort had been gathering forces during Half-Blood Prince, by recruiting Death Eaters and creatures, among them Dementors. I'd say that year was the time he took to convince most of the Dementors to join him. -- 11:25, August 3, 2014 (UTC)