Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Group of teachers?
- Hermione: "Right. Right… well… one of us has to go and find Umbridge and - and send her off in the wrong direction, keep her away from her office. They could tell her - I don't know - that Peeves is up to something awful as usual"
- Ron: "I'll do it. I'll tell her Peeves is smashing up the Transfiguration department or something, it's miles away from her office. Come to think of it, I could probably persuade Peeves to do it if I met him on the way."
- — Order of the Phoenix, chapter 32
This passage from Order of the Phoenix suggests the departments at Hogwarts are actual physical areas (wings, if I may call them that) with classrooms and storerooms devoted to the teaching of one subject, rather than the group of teachers who share the teaching of a subject, as this article currently states. As such, the Astronomy department would not be a group of teachers, but the areas surrounding and including the Astronomy Tower, and the same for the Transfiguration department (the Middle Courtyard area). Also, the whole ordeal with Firenze and Trelawney sharing Divination classes in Half-Blood Prince seems to suggest it is not common to have more than one individual teaching a particular subject. --02:26, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree.--Rodolphus 08:52, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Anyone disagrees? Should I start making the necessary changes in this article? -- 20:43, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
Why would it label Sinistra as "of the Astronomy department" if it was not a group of teachers? It would be like saying "McGonagall of the Transfiguration department", which would be completely pointless if it was a location. -- SaXon 09:06, July 17, 2011 (UTC)
Someone needs to remove this from the Category: Wizards (especially because the head is a female)126.96.36.199 05:32, June 28, 2012 (UTC)